Have required level of English
language (unless exempt)
Have relevant qualifications
or work experience
Hold relevant registration
You are less than 50 years old
You are of good health
You are of good character
The Skilled Independent visa is two stages:
Apply for an Expression of Interest (EOI)
Receive an invitation to apply for permanent residency
You can apply for this visa if you:
- Received an invitation after submitting an EOI
- Are nominated in an occupation that is on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and have obtained a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
- Achieve the number of points specified in your letter of invitation. That is, 60 points which are based on your age, English language skills, skilled employment history, qualifications, Australian studies, and other relevant factors
In order to qualify under this stream you must meet the following requirements:
- Nominated in an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
- Receive an invitation to apply and achieve the score specified in the invitation letter
- Obtained a positive skills assessment
You will need to demonstrate that you have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in either sports, arts, or academia.
You must demonstrate a number of requirements including the following:
- Have an internationally recognised record of achievement in either sports, arts, or academia and be currently prominent in your area
- Recognised as a potential asset to the Australian community
- You are employable or can become independently and easily be established in Australia
- Nominated by an organisation or eligible person in your area
Gareth, thank you for the effort that you have put forth on this matter. You have certainly helped make such a difficult process seem rather seamless!
We are all very appreciative for the assistance and guidance along the way.
I just wanted to pen down a big thank you to your team for seeing our PR process through.
I also wanted to note that you were always extremely responsive and helpful throughout the process, we never once were left in the dark, were informed about every step, and so, thank you for making a seamless and easy process out of something that is otherwise perceived to be so complicated and lengthy. Being granted a residency means a lot to any young family, and it’s no different for us. So, thank you, once again.
Let our experienced migration lawyers assist you in getting the process right